Andersen Center Point Library Meeting Room Policy
In keeping with the mission of the Center Point Public Library, meeting areas within the building are available for public use. The library has four meeting spaces available. The three spaces on the main floor are free to use on a first come first serve basis during library hours. These spaces are the two small study rooms across from the circulation desk and the larger meeting room near the offices. The fourth space is the lower level of the library. This does not include the large community room. This space has specific policies for usage as stated below.
LIBRARY LOWER LEVEL MEETING ROOM:
1. The lower level meeting room will not be reserved paperwork completed during operating hours Monday thru Friday.
2. Monday thru Thursday there will be no user fee for meetings or programs of a civic, cultural, youth service, or educational nature that are open to the public and free of charge with no profits. This is on a first come first serve basis and can be scheduled up to one year in advance.
3. Political Open forums are allowed if all candidates are notified and given opportunity for representation. If campaigning they are fee based and all standard rental procedures are followed.
4. Individuals wishing to reserve the meeting room for private use may do so at a fee of :
a. $25.00 Sunday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 12:00 am
b. $50.00 Friday and Saturday from 8:00 am to 12:00 am for the day.
c. A $100.00 deposit, which will be returned if space cleaned as required. Clean up must also be completed within the scheduled time. Any items not completed on the checklist will result in full forfeiture of the deposit.
5. The registrant will reimburse any additional costs beyond the deposit caused by the registrant while the area is in use or if the building is left unsecured.
1. Meeting areas may be reserved for up to 1 year in advance.
2. The entire rental charge is refunded if the event is cancelled more than 30 days in advance. Cancellation of a reservation 30 days or less in advance will result in forfeiture of the rental fee.
3. The registrant must be an adult and have official identification. We encourage you to set up a library account.
4. Registration agreements are made through Staff during regular operating hours. Registration only becomes final when the form has been completed and any applicable rental fees are paid.
1. All displays and decorations must be free standing. No decorations that would constitute a fire hazard are allowed.
2. Children must be attended to at all times.
3. No smoking on the grounds surrounding the building.
4. No animals other than service animals without prior approval.
5. Arrangements for use of projection, video or audio equipment must be made at the time the room is reserved
6. The registrant is liable for any damage to the property and for leaving the facility clean. The user is responsible for setting up for their event and for returning the room to its original arrangement when finished.
7. Any expenses beyond the deposit incurred by the library in clean up or damage after an event will be charged to the user.
1. Use of the meeting room in no way implies library endorsement of ideas expressed in the meetings or the aims and goals of an organization, group or individual using the facility.
2. The Center Point Public Library and the City of Center Point are not responsible for accidents, injury, loss or damage to the private property of individuals or organizations using the facility.
3. Individuals or organizations meeting in the library must agree to indemnify and hold the Center Point Public Library and the City of Center Point harmless from all liability, claims, actions, causes of action and or damages, which may arise, or allegedly arise during the use of library facilities. This shall include obligation to defend the Center Point Public Library and the City of Center Point and to be responsible for any legal fees incurred and pay any judgements entered.