Friends of the Library is a nonprofit advocacy organization which supports the Library. Our volunteer members advocate, educate, and raise funds on behalf of the Library, its patrons, and the community. We work closely with library staff to determine where our support will have the greatest impact.
Friends help to strengthen and improve library services. We rely heavily on member support to fulfill our missions. Your time and talents can make a real difference. Becoming a member is easy, pick up and complete a flyer next time you visit the library. Membership fees are $5.00 per person. Membership year is from September 1 to August 31.
Not sure? Attend a meeting on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:00 pm. Attending a meeting does not obligate you to join. Community input is always welcome and encouraged.
Our major source of funding is used book sales. Membership dues, donations, memorials and honorariums are also sources of income. All funds donated to our organization stay at the Andersen Center Point Public Library.
We are so grateful for our new space! What began as a yearly book sale has evolved into our used book store. The Friends Book Corner is located in the southwest corner of the library, we offer an assortment of fiction, non-fiction, magazines, DVDs, audio books and puzzles. Please use the black box at the circulation desk to pay for your selections. Friends Book Corner observes the same operating hours as the Andersen Center Point Public Library and the same holiday and/or weather related closings.
- Hard cover $ .50
- Paperback $ .25
- Magazines $ .10
- Puzzles, DVDs & Movies $1.00
Thank you for your donated books. Donated materials are first reviewed for inclusion in the library collection and then passed on to friends for use in our book corner or the annual book sale. Please limit your donation to clean, gently used books that have not been exposed to dirt and moisture.
We are currently accepting the following:
- Paperback and hardback books: fiction, non-fiction and collectibles
- DVDs, CDs and audio books in original packaging
- Magazines published within the last 3 months
- Puzzles with no missing pieces
We cannot accept:
- Books or magazines with torn off covers, broken spines or missing pages
- Dirty, moldy, water damaged or badly worn items
- Legal or Medical books
- Home recorded (aka burned) CDs, DVDs
- Computer software
- Cassette or VHS tapes
- Vinyl records
- Please keep in mind that we are not a recycling center. Please contact Solid Waste Agency for information on their recycling programs.